Monday, March 7, 2011

Response to goodness...

This is another beautiful, wisely story. Read and enjoy, but remember to take a note into your life :)
(Ahmed Shahin, from the book named “They lived Islam like this”)

* * * * * *

Fire fell to the mosque in Egypt. The mosque was ash in one night. The muslims who were sorry about it wondered. Rumors walked away.
-This mosque was burned by the Christians living around us. They couldn’t bear the call to the prayer five times a day. As these rumors got strength, this time a few angry people in that district began to take action.
   They began to burn Christian homes in a dark night. The houses were ash in the morning. No a single Christian house was left.
   The situation was to go to district court. As a result of the research two men were caught and one of them convicted to death and the other one to whip punishment. The one who was convicted to death was holding a paper written death penalty on it, and the other one was holding the paper of whip punishment written on it. Both of them began to wait in a cell…
   At that time, the one who had death penalty began to cry. Cried without stopping:
-What will happen with me now? Saying in tears.
   The other one asked:
-Why are you crying? Do you fear of death?
   He said:
-No, I am not crying because of death!
-Good, then why?
   I have a very old mother, there is no any body who can take care of her except me. If I am executed, she will be upset. Therefore, I can not hold out my tears.
   This time, his friend made an offer:
-In this case, we should find a way out.
-Is there any way out? That is death paper in my hands and an executed place in front of me!...
   His friend said:
-Here it is, I give you the paper written whip punishment on it, you get the whip punishment. Give me the paper of execution. I’ll get the death penalty. Let me die instead of you. At least, my goodness will stay behind me!
   Thus, they changed their paper. The one who had The paper of execution got whip paper, the other one who had the paper of whip punishment got execution paper. They began to wait.
   Some time later, enforcement officers came.
-Come on, let’s go to the execution place, they said.
   When they reached the execution place, they found the judge in front of them who gave penalty provisions. The judge made a sign to the one who got the death sentence:
-Take him to a rope, come on! He said. But, he saw that instead of him, the other one was going.
-Give me that paper?
   When he looked at paper, he saw that, there was written death penalty:
-I didn’t give you death penalty, but whip punishment. How can it be?
   When the judge began to insist, he began to tell everything:
-Honorable Judge, there is an old mother of my friend. I gave him my paper for her mother to be taken care of, and I took his paper. Let him go and take care of his mother, mother rights are not like other rights. Let me be executed, let me die instead of him. Sooner or later this will happen!
   Here the judge mused.
-What kind of self-sacrifice it is, what kind of heroism!
   And the judge completes his words like this:
-Well, I forgive both of you. I forgive you because of thought about your mother, and I forgive you because of your great heroism. See the reward of your good intention. You don’t look like the people who can fire the house! You can’t be guilty! We arrested wrong people…